Bethel Baptist Church in Houston, Texas is a Southern Baptist Church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Although we are affiliated with these entities, we are an autonomous group in that no organization or denominational authority guides the work or rule of our church. We use a congregational rule of governing in that the local body of believers guides our church.
1.. The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God's revelation of Himself to man. It has God as its author and is written without any error or contradiction.
2. We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. Salvation is only by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is free to all who are willing to accept Him. This salvation came by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. Membership comes by salvation through Jesus Christ and as a testimony of that salvation, immersion through water baptism.
5. We practice two church ordinances: Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
6. God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to an appropriate end, Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return to this earth and will judge the righteous and the unrighteous according to what they have done in accepting or rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
7. Every Christian should return at least a tithe (10%) of their income to the local church for the advancement of the cause of Christ on this earth.
*For additional information, you may request a copy of the "Baptist Faith & Message", which we follow as our guide to what we believe.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
We are a congregation of believers committed to sharing the message of Christ and guiding others towards faith in Him. As a church, we aim to love those in our community with the same love Christ has given to us. The work of our church is aimed at directing others towards the Savior in the hopes that they will encounter the one true God and be transformed by His gracious love for them. Through all we do, say, and preach, we pray that we will shine the light of Christ to all those we encounter.
Jesus replied, "You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39
Faithful To Our God
Obedient In Our Giving
Committed To Spiritual Growth
Unity In Our Church